The main goal of SOLiDIFY is to bring the liquid-processed solid-state cell fabrication concept from demonstration in the lab (TRL3) to demonstration of prototypes in pilot line (TRL6), with upscaling of the concept both towards
- the development of manufacturable materials and processes and
- the discovery of full cell assembly schemes with ultimate demonstration of 1Ah pouch cells.
The material research will focus on
- solutions enabling the upscaling process and manufacturability and
- further improvement of cell integration steps to enhance performance.
Manufacturable parameters such cost, environmental impact and recycling will also be handled. The larger scope of the SOLiDIFY project entails the development of a novel and potentially European-lead solid-state battery technology with fully covered EU value chain.
- Cell energy density > 1200Wh/L
- Cell charging capability in 20 min (3C fast charge)
- Useful cycle lifE > 1000 cycles
- Reduced flammability in temperature range -40°C to 300°C thanks to unique Solid Electrolyte
- Stable Chemistry thanks to advanced coatings
- Achieve the cell cost target of <100€/kWh
- Develop easy to upscale manufacturing process thanks to Liquid to Solid approach for the Solid Electrolyte
- Lower Cobalt content
- Water-based process
- Decarbonize transport by reducing CO2 emissions once equipping Electric Vehicles