IMEC is SOLiDIFY’s Project coordinator. They are the overall manager and the communication gate to the outside world, including the EU commission.
On a technical level, IMEC is responsible (in close collaboration with other consortium partners) in various aspects of the technology R&D with main responsibilities being:
- the integration of the components into the SOLiDIFY cell demonstrators (with FHG)
- the evaluation of the cell demonstrators (with UHasselt)
- the development of a self-standing solid electrolyte separator (with imomec and Solvionic)
- the development of water-based process for cathode processing
- the protection of the Lithium metal anode to prevent lithium dendrite formation while enabling high energy density (with EMPA)